BuzzBadge: Use Headline To Link Bait

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Use Headline To Link Bait

Link baiting has gone more and more popular. Instead of asking for link exchange, we have found that creating good stuff for the purpose of link baiting works better.

In order to carry out successful link-baiting campaign, other than content, the title usually plays the most important part.

Title
Title determines whether a piece is read or not. It also injects the chemical to draw links. CopyBlogger has 10 surefire headline formulas that work:

  1. Who Else Wants _______?
  2. The Secret of _______
  3. Here is a Method That is Helping _______ to _______
  4. Little Known Ways to ______
  5. Get Rid of _______ Once and For All
  6. Here’s a Quick Way to _________
  7. Now You Can Have [something desirable] [great circumstance]
  8. [Do something] like [world-class example]
  9. Have a [or] Build a [blank] You Can Be Proud Of
  10. What Everybody Ought to Know About [blank]
It is just a matter of substituting what you see fit into the templates above. I have 2 to share:
1) They laughed when I ______, but when I ______...
This is adapted from an old successful headline that reads:

"They laughed when I sat at the piano, but when I started to play..."

So, it can be:

"They laughed when I tell them I blog, but when I show them my RSS subscribers..."

The "laughed" is an emotional trigger that does the magic together with the "..." at the end of the headline.

The other one that I like very much:
2) How to [solve problem] that [effect] and [effect]

The "and" does the magic. It is proven to work, so don't ask me why the "and" is the magic. If you do it without the "and", the magic will not happen. So:

"How To Write Killer Headlines That Link Baits Itself And Shoot Your Blog To Page Rank 8.5"

These are some great titles you can use on your next blog post. Good luck!

0 Buzzes: